iElegance is my favorite iPhone theme, it already includes icons for many apps, but not for all, and specially not for local ones (like country specific newspaper).
Therefore I have created an Inkscape template to create my owns.
The template can be downloaded from this file: iElegance-icon-template.svg
And this are the instructions:
- Access your iPhone via ssh (I’m assuming you already know how to do that)
- Find your desired icon (or get your own image from wherever you want)
- If the file is not readable by Inkscape use the icon normalizer as described here
- Open the template file with Inkscape
- Import the icon into Inkscape.
- Make a copy of the icon and rotate it 180°
- Use the green rectangles to crop the icons by placing the rectangles in top of them, selecting the two desired objects, and then from the menu: Object>Clip>Apply
- Give transparency to the reflection one.
- Move the new clipped icons to the corresponding places.
- Export Bitmap Page Layout and give it the same name than the app has but with the .png extension instead of .app.
- Copy the new created icon to the folder /Library/Themes/iElegance.theme/Icons (or PRO.theme if you have the PRO version) inside your iPhone
- Respring in order to view the new icons.